Sunday, August 12, 2007


"how geometry sculpts the void"




.

5 Comments:

Blogger ji said...

How different each version looks.
In the second one, the geometrical shape of the area of sky surrounding the lines stands out more for some reason. Does it to you?

8/11/2007  
Blogger xola said...

Strangely (or not) the second version is the one based in "reality" with the vertical poles perpendicular to the ground.

I wonder if when I shot this, my mind was aware of the sky "shape" as distinctly as the line patterns. It wasn't apparent to me until it was on screen and framed.

Actually, the third rotation allows me to see the sky void more clearly. My eye reads the large white space left to right; top to bottom.

Thanks for being so perceptive!

8/11/2007  
Blogger ji said...

I somehow missed seeing that first one when I called the third one "the second one," so I was, unbeknownst to me, referring to the third one. You didn't add that first one in later did you?

8/12/2007  
Blogger xola said...

Who's on first!!!

8/12/2007  
Blogger xola said...

In the image closest to the quote I now see six pencils drawing two straight lines!

Time for a nap...

8/12/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home