dust pan blues
Blues songs frequently take the form of a loose narrative. The singer voices his or her personal woes in a world of harsh reality: a lost love, the cruelty of police officers, oppression at the hands of white folk, and generally living through hard times. Depression-era blues reflect the issues facing the population: Dallas County Jail Blues, TB Blues, Ragged Hungry Blues, Dope Head Blues, Bad Luck Blues. In 1929 almost thirteen million people were unemployed. By 1940 1.5 million women had been abandoned by their husbands
Working in a hotel cleaning up the floors
I nearly got a stiff neck and my knees are gettin' sore
I got them dust pan blues
I'm through with cleanin' floors
I'm gonna pack my grip, take a long long trip
I never comin' back no more.
Now honey if you love me, you'll come and go along
Cause you know I'd always feed you and I'd never treat you wrong.
I got them dust pan blues
I'm through with cleanin' floors
I'm gonna pack my grip, take a long long trip
I never comin' back no more.
thirty/blue


4 Comments:
Song by Gene Autry 1929
Does everything in the known universe have a "blue" song written about it???
Later in life Gene Autry owned a baseball team, so he got over them Dust Pan Blues.
i gotta stiff neck..got those stiff neck blues...maybe i should get rid of my dustpan..and the metaphor herewithin.
Post a Comment
<< Home