Thursday, September 04, 2008
Previous Posts
- I do not paint a portrait to look like the subject...
- We tend to think things are new because we've just...
- I want realistic compositions, on closer examinati...
- I like to have a thing suggested rather than told ...
- Experience is never limited, and it is never compl...
- When you stop learning, stop listening, stop looki...
- Ordinary men live among marvels and feel no wonder...
- All truth passes through three stages. First, it i...
- As forms, architectural elements are often complex...
- Nature is constantly imitating art.~ Oscar Fingal ...


3 Comments:
This image was a complete surprise.
I tried printing my earlier tomato photograph ("xi hong shi" 6/16/07) but the printer was low on ink so I got different colors and many lines through the image.
Then I decided to photograph the copy holding it in front of a sunny window and voila! ... via hopscotching and haphazardry produced this version which looks even more Chinese to me.
Very abstract today -
I like the soothing muteness
of the green, tho' I cannot
tell what the picture
is of. An apple with
nice insects? Rorschachian.
- Mako
Guess I'll daily generate
a couplet to accompany
your pictures.
Haphazardly and optimistically
a vision has emerged, artistically.
(That mainly relates
to the quote by this
Brad fellow, a name
new to me, and not
the fairly abstract
photo itself. Still don't
know what it is. But
I guess it doesn't
matter.)
-Mako
Post a Comment
<< Home