Monday, May 28, 2007
Previous Posts
- haven
- rejection collectioncoming soon.....
- f i n i s
- 'Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to g...
- ≈≈ One of these days, I'm going to publish a book ...
- ≈≈ What we call the beginning is often the end. An...
- ≈≈ In my view you cannot claim to have seen someth...
- ≈≈ Out in the sun, some painters are lined up. The...
- ≈≈ It is not necessary for the public to know whet...
- ≈≈ Painting comes to reality through illusion. An ...



6 Comments:
This shot was a "driveby" taken through the passenger window at about 50 mph going west from Sacramento.
When I saw the result, the first thing that struck me was the "vanishing point" to the right. For some reason I always thought it had to be in the center of an image. Obviously a point to learn more about,
I like how ordered the white tree trunks look in contrast with the beautiful tangle of the branches above...and the strong triangles at the base of the photo below the dominant rectangle at the top.
Looking for harmony, looking for design, looking for inspiration!
there is more than one vanishing point.. yep they are all over the place
I see what Mary is saying. And now that I look my eyes are drawn to follow one and then another and then another, in all different directions.
I love this photo. I have to say, I find the white trunks reminiscent of a cemetary.
I didn't think of a cemetery , but now I see the headstones ~ especially like the ones at the Presidio. I found a photo that echoes mine. Or, of course, vice versa!
What better place for multiple vanishing points than a cemetery.
"A term used in perspective to describe the point on the horizon where parallel lines appear to meet."
Question ~ does it always relate to the actual horizon?
Post a Comment
<< Home